- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
Culture and diversity
In an organisation as global and as well-connected as HSBC, being open to different ideas, perspectives and cultures is vital. Our future success depends on connecting with clients, communities and each other. That's why you'll find diversity at the heart of our business.
HSBC is a global community. An open, multilingual, multicultural and supportive working environment. Our professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit and ethical business principles guide us in everything we do.
Together our values and business principles form our character and define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive. They describe the enduring nature of how we do business.
Dependable and do the right thing
- Stand firm for what is right, deliver on commitments, be resilient and trustworthy
- Take personal accountability, be decisive, use judgment and common sense, empower others
Open to different ideas and cultures
- Communicate openly, honestly and transparently, value challenge, learn from mistakes
- Listen, treat people fairly, be inclusive, value different perspectives
Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Build connections, be externally focused, collaborate across boundaries
- Care about individuals and their progress, show respect, be supportive and responsive
Diversity and Inclusion team
At HSBC, diversity is in our DNA. Since 1865, we've built our organisation on a heritage with deep roots across different countries and regions. We've also created a mobile management culture that takes our people from one part of our global network to another. Diversity is central to the HSBC brand. The Diversity and Inclusion team aims to ensure people feel valued and can work in an environment where discrimination, bullying and harassment are not tolerated. We want all our employees to feel their opinions count, their views are heard and their concerns are addressed.
Training and development
Our e-learning diversity training modules help our employees understand diversity in the workplace. With that knowledge, as an organisation we can be more inclusive through unconscious bias training.
Employee resource network groups are voluntary and are formed to support a diverse and inclusive work environment within the context of our organisation's values, brand and business strategy. Balance, our internal network, works closely with the Diversity and Inclusion team to support the recruitment, development, advancement and engagement of a gender-balanced workforce within HSBC.
Our Pre-university Outreach Programme hosts events and conferences aimed at sixth form students. Our goal is to give young people the opportunity to learn about our organisation, our various divisions and roles.
An Insight into HSBC
Sponsored by our Balance Network, An Insight into HSBC gives young women in sixth form colleges or pursuing an International Baccalaureate the chance to connect with our business. It's an opportunity to meet industry professionals and learn about our organisation first-hand. The schedule offers maximum exposure to the culture and the people of HSBC through interactive presentations and networking sessions.
At the university stage, our commitment to diversity grows with the talent pool we recruit from. We target under-represented groups such as women and ethnic minorities by working in partnership with groups like SEO London and The Brokerage City Link.
The HSBC Women's Conference
Our Balance Network offers women in their first and penultimate years of university the opportunity to learn about HSBC, our various businesses and our diverse culture. The conference is designed to encourage you to meet people from key areas of the firm, through interactive presentations, soft skills training sessions and networking events.
If you'd like to attend a diversity event, please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to take part to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you mention the event title ('An Insight into HSBC' or 'HSBC Women's Conference') in the subject line and apply by the deadline dates noted below:
- An Insight into HSBC - application deadline: 10 July 2013 (the event is taking place on 24 July 2013, by invitation only)
- HSBC Women's Conference - application deadline: 11 November 2012 (the event is taking place on 21 November 2012, by invitation only)
Because we encourage collaboration across boundaries, there really is no limit to how far you can go within our global network.
- We have 280,000 people working across the globe and we have a diverse customer base of around 89 million
- Of the 6 official languages of the UN, more than 10,000 colleagues are native speakers in 4 of them, and another 5,000 in a fifth
- London has more than 30 different linguistic communities of over 10,000 people
- We recruit from around the world