- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
HTS GBM Technology
HSBC Technology Services (GBM Technology) is now recognised as a strategic partner for the GBM businesses. It delivers innovative solutions that span advanced technology and key operational services. We're proud of our model and believe our wide-ranging expertise helps the Bank grow securely and profitably.
Technology is at the heart of everything that HSBC Global Banking and Markets does: from market-leading research to meeting the needs of our clients by trading stocks, bonds and currencies around the world. In London, Stirling, New York, Curitiba, Sao Paolo, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Pune, Hyderabad, Kuala Lumpur and Paris, our teams of technology analysts, developers, testers and project managers work collaboratively with each other and with our business partners to help HSBC achieve our strategic goal of becoming the world's leading international bank.
Technology continually opens the door to new opportunities and allows us to drive down the cost of our existing businesses. By joining HTS GBM Technology, you'll be given the opportunity to promote change, influence strategy and see your work make a visible difference to the Bank's success.
"Wanting to be on the cusp of technology and high-end finance, I started my technology career in Global Markets over 20 years ago. I very quickly discovered the truly global nature of working in the Global Markets business where a problem in one market, in one part of the world can impact another within milliseconds. Speaking from my own experience, a career in HTS GBM, in Global Markets IT, provides graduates with a fantastic opportunity to work in this demanding environment, where technology in many ways is not just an enabler but actually in many ways is the business." Sumeet Chabria, Chief Information Officer, Global Markets
"I don't believe there is a better place to start a career than technology in HSBC. The global size, scale and complexity create a unique design and execution challenge for the brain and working with a team of passionate, intelligent, responsible people from cultures all over the world provide a heart and vitality to our working environment." Paul Ventisei, CIO Global Markets Infrastructure, GBM IT CIO and Management
What we do
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is a client-focused business. Sales people and relationship managers deal with clients of varying sizes in countries throughout the world. Competition for our clients is intense, so we continually demonstrate the value-for-money services our clients depend on. Ours is a challenging setting and the businesses that make up Global Banking and Markets need us to act as their technology teams. We innovate rapidly, and provide a secure, reliable and cost-effective service to clients. In essence, the GBM businesses cannot achieve their goals without technology.
The constant demand to innovate, yet be safe, secure and cost-effective, creates a unique working environment in HTS GBM Technology. Join us, and you will be involved in fascinating client-driven projects and initiatives, such as:
- Preparing for the impact of major new industry regulations
- Developing a platform (including a Rich Internet Application) to support high volume foreign exchange trading by hedge funds
- Developing a platform (including a Rich Internet Application) to support stock and bond trading by hedge funds
- Designing, developing and maintaining an award-winning platform to allow thousands of our sales people to price and trade complex foreign exchange derivatives more efficiently
- Creating new platforms to allow our colleagues in the retail bank to sell Global Markets products directly to their clients
- Continual improvements to our platforms to allow HSBC to continue to offer our clients competitive pricing. "Competitive" might mean offering a new price every five milliseconds!
How you'll fit in
With so much going on, you will be part of an ambitious, fast-paced and highly collaborative global organisation. Although we are very closely aligned to our business, we always remember that we are technologists at heart. Technical and analytical skills are key to what we do and, every day, you'll be working with dynamic and highly competent technologists who will help you to develop your skills. We've also created our own secure innovation labs, where you can download and prototype new technologies. A career in HTS GBM, in Global Markets IT, provides graduates with a fantastic opportunity to work in a demanding environment. HSBC's truly global footprint and breadth of business will also offer graduates the chance to witness the broader challenges and economic shifts being created by the rise of emerging markets.
Our focus is not just on what we do but how we do it. We believe in an environment that values diversity, mutual respect and work-life balance. We also believe that everyone thrives when achievement is recognised and our leaders are clear about where we are going. We want you to understand your role in that strategy and for your manager to support in delivering it.
What we're looking for
We are hugely diverse organisation. To join us, you should:
- Have strong analytical and numeric skills
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving
- Be passionate about technology
- Be good at building relationships
- Enjoy working as part of an international team
- Be proactive and aspire to excellence