- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
The Global Research team is our ideas engine and thought-leader for our corporate and institutional clients. With around 500 employees in 21 countries, we specialise in 4 core product areas - currency, economics, equities and fixed income. We work on a wide variety of themed research for the Bank, contributing to our reputation for highly resourced, globally connected solutions.
Two main areas
With a particular strength in emerging markets and climate change, we focus our research on two areas:
- Macro research analyses economic developments and key trends in the various financial markets in which we operate. This research ranges from long-term studies on economic growth to interest rate and foreign currency forecasts.
- Sector and company research focuses on analysing the major industry sectors from a truly global perspective, identifying the most important themes and predicting how they might affect clients in the medium term.
Setting the agenda
This team has robust debates with colleagues and clients across the globe, but always with the view to creating new strategies and solutions or testing established ones. We are here to set and change agendas. Our debates might include topics such as the economic landscape in the year 2050 with a view to advising clients on long-term strategy. Our key challenges might include scoping out a scenario where a crop fails in the world's biggest exporter, asking ourselves what the implications are, how corporations and governments might respond, and what that would mean for particular clients or industries.
The advantages of the programme
Recruited by region and globally aligned, Global Research Analysts undertake a challenging 18-month rotational graduate programme. All our graduates complete two nine-month rotations across different asset classes. Join this team and you'll be a trusted member of a network made up of specialised research analysts and economists. As part of the Global Research programme, you'll have the unique and exciting opportunity to complete the CFA qualification. You'll also have full guidance and support from some of the best in the industry and a dedicated development adviser.
The skills we look for:
- Enthusiasm for understanding long-, medium- and short-term trends in the global economy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A focused, professional and analytical approach
2012 EMEA Global Research Full Time vacancy closed.