- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
Global Markets provides origination, sales, trading and structuring services to a range of clients worldwide. We have an international team of experienced professionals who use their knowledge and connections across the Group to provide sophisticated solutions. Our clients include the world's Central Banks, government agencies, supranationals, international and local corporations, financial institutions, institutional investors, asset managers and hedge funds.
The international footprint and expertise of the Global Markets team will be key in achieving HSBC's strategy of becoming the world's leading international bank. We're specialists in foreign exchange, credit, rates, structured products, equities, and debt and equity capital markets. With operations in over 60 countries and territories worldwide, we have particular strengths in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia and Latin America.
The aftermath of the global financial crisis has resulted in increased regulation and a renewed focus on capital security. At HSBC our financial strength and expert teams allow us to attract and secure business with leading clients across the globe.
Recruited by discipline (Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets), Global Markets Analysts undertake a fast-paced 12-month, rotational graduate programme. All Global Markets graduates undertake three, four-month rotations, with the second rotation out of discipline. So, if you're a Trading graduate, you would rotate into Sales or Debt Capital Markets. On the Global Markets Analyst Programme you will have a wide variety of long-term career options within your chosen discipline.
How you benefit
The Global Markets rotational programme gives you exposure to different products, different markets and different work dynamics before you specialise in one asset class off programme. The rotational programme is designed to give you the confidence and broader knowledge of Global Markets so you can interact with clients. We'll give you responsibility from day one as well as being an integral part of the team.
In this thriving environment you will gain essential tools to develop your own career.
Here is a selection of the Global Markets team's most recent awards:
- Best Global Sovereign Adviser, Best Debt House in Asia, the Middle East, the UK and Western Europe (Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2011)
- Best Overall Primary Debt Provider (Euromoney Primary Debt Survey 2011)
- Best Middle East House in the Emerging Market Bond category (Euroweek Bond Market Awards 2011)
- Emerging Markets Bond House of the Year and Financial Bond House of the Year (IFR Awards 2011)
- Most Innovative Investment Bank for Corporates, Bonds, Islamic Finance, Infrastructure and Project Finance (The Banker Investment Banking Awards 2010)
- Best for Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern and African currencies (Euromoney FX Poll 2011 Awards)
- No. 1 in the Client Satisfaction Ratings for Sales Coverage/Client Service (Euromoney Rates Survey 2011)
The skills we look for:
- A passion for how financial markets function
- Up-to-date market knowledge
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Adaptable to changes in markets and our services in a fast-moving environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and varied work environment
2012 EMEA Full Time Global Markets Sales and Debt Capital Markets vacancy closed.