- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
Global Banking Advisory
HSBC's strategy is to become the world's leading international bank. It's a clear and challenging goal - one that puts Global Banking Advisory in an important position. Our global network is led by emerging markets and extends to the world's key growth areas as well as established economies. We combine regional expertise with strong client relationships to deliver a full suite of investment banking solutions. Joining the Advisory programme will make you part of a truly global operation with long-term international opportunities. This is a non-rotational programme aimed at building your expertise in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) or as part of a sector coverage team, thus allowing for a strong knowledge base to be developed over the three-year programme.
Analysts and Associates in Global Banking Advisory have the opportunity to work on the origination and execution of investment banking transactions, including M&A, leveraged and management buyouts, equity and debt new issues, other capital raisings and recapitalisations on behalf of HSBC's clients around the world.
HSBC's wide variety of services and client relationships across regions give Analysts and Associates exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences. Our strong stance through the recent financial turmoil has prepared us for the future - and the opportunities we now have to help our clients grow.
Our bankers shape and promote company strategy across industries around the globe. The Advisory team provides M&A, as well as capital markets solutions, to multinational clients - whether the focus is on execution or sector coverage. Sector teams are organised into four main groups:
1. Financial Institutions (Asset Managers, Banks and Securities, Hedge Funds, Insurance and Public Sector) 2. Resources and Energy (Metals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Power and Utilities and Renewables) 3. Financial Sponsors(Institutional Private Clients, Private Capital Advisory, Private Equity and Sovereign Wealth Funds) 4. Corporate Sector Group (Automotive, Building Materials, Chemicals, Cleantech, Consumer and Retail, Industrials, Infrastructure, Media, Real Estate, Telecom, and Transport)
Capitalising on our global network
Our in-depth knowledge of the major growth markets and close connections with our clients across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas, and especially in Asia-Pacific, ensure our involvement in high-profile strategic transactions. This is particularly true for cross-border transactions, where we can capitalise on our global network. For example, we can advise a developed market client to acquire in the fast-growth emerging markets. We can also advise a large emerging market conglomerate to acquire in developed markets, or facilitate intra-regional consolidation.
At HSBC, we attribute our strengths to our focus on emerging marketplaces. Many businesses are in a strong position to capitalise on growth opportunities in the current economic climate. Equally, there are other businesses that need advice on how best to weather the continued financial storm. Our advisory and financing expertise, balance sheet strength and international network put us in a position to help. When you join us, you'll also be in a position to shape the way the world does business and the success of different transactions.
"The most surprising thing about life in Global Banking is the learning curve. The speed you learn at, the knowledge you gain of your sector, and the confidence you develop are all phenomenal." Jim Lelivelt, Analyst, Financial Sponsors Group, Global Banking
We look for a number of qualities including:
- International outlook and perspective
- An understanding of how geographies and markets are linked
- The aspiration to provide the best advice possible
- Always acting with integrity and embodying HSBC's core values
- Hardworking, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges