- Elena, Relationship Management
- Greg, Global Market Operations
- Jessica, Global Banking Advisory
- Junes, Relationship Management
- Monica, Global Markets
- Ellis, Global Markets
- Abdulaziz, Global Markets
- Soffia, Global Markets
- Dilshad, Global Banking Advisory
- Giovanni, Global Banking Advisory
- Karl, Global Banking Advisory
- Mauricio, Global Markets
Equity Capital Markets
Building the Bank's equities capability is one of HSBC's most important strategies. The Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team will play a key role in this process, providing opportunities for a new generation of ambitious ECM bankers.
Acting as the intermediary between banking, equity research and equity sales/trading, the ECM team is HSBC's global equity product specialist. We originate, structure and execute equity and equity-linked new issues. Our core products include initial public offerings (IPOs), rights issues, accelerated book builds, and convertible and exchangeable bonds.
This is an excellent time to join the ECM business. Equity new issue opportunities are opening up in a number of areas in both developed and emerging markets as companies look to finance growth, mergers and acquisitions. We work in a setting where regulatory capital requirements in the financial sector are evolving.
We have opportunities in London, Hong Kong and New York. Whichever office you join, you will be part of a global ECM network that includes teams in Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Paris, Sao Paulo, Singapore and Toronto.
What we offer graduates
As an Analyst joining ECM in London, you will work with clients across key Global Banking sectors such as financial institutions, industrials, consumer, retail, resources and energy in both developed and emerging markets within Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting senior ECM bankers on quantitative and qualitative market analysis and the preparation of client presentations and other marketing materials in the pursuit of new mandates such as IPOs, rights issues and other equity-linked transactions
- Coordinating with colleagues in equity research, equity sales and trading and regional ECM groups across the globe
- Participating in the execution of ECM transactions including the preparation of information packs and internal and external deal documentation and assistance on due diligence
"In ECM, we combine market insight with corporate finance knowledge to develop capital raising ideas for clients. As HSBC expands its presence in equity markets, we will have many exciting opportunities, in both developed and emerging markets." John Crompton, Global Head of ECM
What we look for
We want people who are:
- Highly analytical
- Endlessly willing to learn
- Excellent with numbers
- Great communicators
- Keenly interested in the financial markets
- Passionate about what you do