Secondary market price*:
(less any applicable Early Trading Charges)
If held to maturity, the Notes will pay:
- 100 per cent of the Principal Amount invested
- Fixed Coupon amount equal to CAD5.00 per Note on the first year Coupon Payment Date; and
- Beginning in the second year and ending at maturity, a Noteholder may be entitled to receive an annual Coupon of up to a maximum of CAD6.25 per Note, depending upon the price performance of the Portfolio(as defined below). The annual variable Coupon amount, if any, will be equal to the Principal Amount multiplied by the applicable Coupon Rate. The Coupon Rate will be determined on the annual Valuation Dates and the corresponding Coupon amount will be payable on the applicable Coupon Payment Date. The Coupon Rate will be a percentage amount equal to the average of all of the ten (10) Reference Share Returns, subject to a maximum Coupon Rate of 6.25 per cent. As a result, there is no assurance that a Coupon greater than CAD1 per Note will be payable in any year during the Term of the Note
||29 July 2011
||29 July 2016
|Selling agent fees:
||CAD2.50 per Note
- Principal protected at maturity
- Eligible for registered accounts Fixed Coupon of 5.00% in year 1
- An annual variable Coupon, subject to a minimum of CAD0.00 per Note and a maximum of CAD6.25 per Note (in years 2 through 5)
|Biogen Idec Inc.
|Boston Scientific Group
|Potash Corp of Saskatchewan
|Maxim Integrated Products
|Johnson & Johnson
|Vulcan Materials Co.
|Applied Materials, Inc.
Are the Notes right for you?
You may be suited to become a Noteholder if, among other benefits, you: (1) are looking for safety of principal if held to maturity; (2) want the potential to earn a return that may be greater than what is available from a traditional fixed term deposit but with similar risks to your principal investment; (3) want exposure to an investment that is linked to the performance of the Reference Shares; and (4) are investing for the longer term and believe that the Reference Shares will appreciate.
An investment in the Notes is suitable only for investors prepared to assume risks with respect to a return linked to the price performance of the Reference Shares. The Notes are designed for investors who are prepared to hold the Notes to maturity. The Notes have certain investment characteristics that differ from conventional fixed income investments. The Notes do not provide Noteholders with a return or income stream that is calculated or determined by reference to a fixed or floating rate of interest. A Note's return is reflected in the annual Coupon amounts(if any), which will depend on the price performance of the Reference Shares (subject to a fixed Coupon amount of CAD5 per Note in only the first year of the Term and a maximum annual variable Coupon amount, if any, of CAD6.25 per Note each year thereafter throughout the Term) as described in this Information Statement. At maturity, a Noteholder is entitled to be repaid their initial Principal Amount invested of CAD100 per Note. An investment in the Notes is not suitable for an investor looking for a return beyond the fixed Coupon amount of CAD5 per Note payable only in the first year. There is no assurance that a Coupon will be payable in any subsequent year during the Term of the Note.
Early trading charge/Secondary market
HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. intends, in normal market conditions, to use reasonable efforts to provide a secondary price for the Notes as principal, but reserves the right not to do so in the future in its sole discretion, without providing prior notice to the Noteholders. Sale of Notes prior to maturity may subject to an Early Trading Charge as follows:
||Early trading charge
|Issue Date to and including 27 July 2011
|30 January 2012 to and including 27 July 2012
|30 July 2012 to and including the Maturity Date
During the term of the Notes, you may inquire as to the net asset value of a Note or the level of the underlying Index and how it relates to the Variable Return that may be payable under the Notes, if any, by contacting HSBC at the number below.
Please see the Information Statement for further details or contact your investment advisor.
The Notes subject the Noteholders to significant risks, including the potential for lost investment opportunities. Potential Noteholders should carefully review and consider all risks set forth in this Information Statement including:
- The Notes will not constitute insured deposits
- A Noteholder may not receive more than the minimum Coupon amount of CAD1 per Note on each annual Coupon Payment Date
- A Noteholder will not receive more than the maximum Coupon amount of CAD7 per Note on each Coupon Payment Date
- The Principal Amount is payable only if Notes are held to maturity
- There is no guaranteed secondary market for the Notes and if such a market develops, there can be no assurance that it will be liquid
- Price or other movements in the Reference Shares are unpredictable
- The historical or pro forma performance of each Reference Share is not an indication of future performance, and
- Adjustments as a result of certain Special Circumstances
Right of Cancellation- A subscriber may cancel an order to purchase a Note (or cancel the purchase of a Note if the Note has been issued) by providing written instructions to HSBC directly or through his or her investment advisor any time up to two days after the later of (i) the day on which the agreement to purchase the Note is entered into and (ii) deemed receipt of this Information Statement. Such notice should be directed to: HSBC Derivative Products Group, 70 York Street, 8th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 1S9, Fax (416) 868-3088. This rescission right does not extend to Noteholders buying a Note in any secondary market.
Please see the Information Statement for further details. Please do not hesitate to call us at +1 866 511 4722 or send us an
e-mail for more information.