Matured price: 113.66%
Maturity date: 22 September 2009
The Notes will pay, if held to maturity: i) 100 per cent of the principal amount invested; and ii) a variable coupon, if any, that is linked to the downside performance of the S&P 500 Index.
||22 September 2005
||22 September 2009
- Eligible for registered accounts
- Principal protected at maturity
Are the Notes right for you?
The Notes may be an appropriate investment for you, if, among other things, you: (1) are looking for safety of principal if held to maturity; (2) want exposure to an investment that is linked to the downward performance of the S&P 500 Index; and (3) are investing for the longer term. The Notes do not provide investors with a return, or income stream, prior to maturity. The effective yield to maturity of the Notes may be less than that which would be payable on a conventional fixed-rate or floating-rate debt instrument. The Notes are generally more suitable for purchasing and holding up to maturity. Potential investors should consult with their own investment, legal and tax advisors to determine the suitability.
HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc intends, in normal market conditions, but is under no obligation, to use reasonable efforts to provide a secondary price for the Notes as principal, but reserves the right not to do so in the future at its sole discretion. Sale of Notes prior to maturity are not subject to an early trading charge.
Noteholders should carefully review and consider all risks set forth in the Offering document with their investment advisor, including:
- The volatility or degree to which the level of the index changes
- Risks relating to the S&P 500 Index, such as risk that the general level of equity prices may increase; influence of political, economic, financial, market and other factors on the index
- Notes will not constitute insured deposits under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act
- The principal amount is protected only if Notes are held to maturity
- Noteholders may receive no variable return
- No guaranteed secondary market
- Price or other movements in the instrument or instruments comprising the index are unpredictable
- The historical, or pro forma, performance of the index is not an indication of future performance
- Extraordinary events - HSBC may redeem the Notes prior to maturity upon the occurrence of certain extraordinary events beyond HSBC's control that could have an impact on HSBC's ability to hedge its position in respect of the Notes.
- Conflicts of interest with the Calculation Agent
Amendments to Notes - The global deposit note filed on CDS representing the Notes may from time to time be amended, supplemented or restated by HSBC without the approval of the Noteholders for the following purposes: (i) ensuring or continuing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules or requirements of any governmental authority having jurisdiction over HSBC, (ii) changing the dates on which payments are required to be made to conform with customary settlement practices, (iii) making any modification that would not be prejudicial to the interests of Noteholders in the opinion of HSBC; (iv) making changes or corrections which are necessary or desirable for the correction of typographical mistakes, or are required for the purpose of curing any ambiguity, defective or inconsistent provisions, omissions or errors.
Please do not hesitate to call us at +1 866 511 4722 or send us an e-mail for more information.
Important: Please read the disclaimer carefully.