Privacy and Data Protection Statement
HSBC's business has been built on trust between us and our customers. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we commit to the following in relation to such information:
- HSBC will only collect the information that it believes to be relevant and required to understand the customer's financial needs and to conduct HSBC's business.
- HSBC will use the information to provide customers with better customer services and products.
- HSBC may pass the information to other HSBC Group companies or agents, as permitted by law.
- HSBC will not disclose the information to any external organisation unless HSBC have customer consent or are required by law or have previously informed the customer.
- HSBC may be required, from time to time, to disclose the information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or HSBC's regulators but HSBC will only do so under proper authority.
- HSBC aim to keep the information up-to-date.
- HSBC maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to the information by anyone, including HSBC staff.
- All HSBC group companies, or HSBC staff and all third parties with permitted access to the information are specifically required to observe HSBC's confidentiality obligations.
References above to 'information' shall be deemed to include personal data.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in HSBC.
Your personal data may be disclosed or transferred worldwide to agents or third parties authorised to act on our behalf or other members of the HSBC Group or to third parties including our subcontractors, for the purposes of: providing services to the company/organisation that you represent and/or for servicing and/or developing our relationship with that company/organisation or you, verifying your identity, preventing and detecting crime and complying with appropriate governmental and non-governmental regulators or ombudsman.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions, you shall be treated as having consented to the disclosure, processing, storage and transfer of your personal data in the manner described above.